Crispy Fish Tacos Recipe
- oil, for frying
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs
- salt, pepper
- 2 lb white fish (halibut, snapper)
- 8 tortillas
- red cabbage, shredded
- lime wedges
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp grated lime
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Break eggs into shallow dish and season with salt and pepper, beat in 2 tbsp water. Place breadcrumbs in another shallow dish.
- Cut the fish in 1" strips, dip in egg mixture and coat with breadcrumbs. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Fill a deep pot 1/3 with oil. Heat to 375F.
- Cook the fish, a few pieces at a time, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Heat up the tortillas, place fish on each tortilla, squeeze lime juice, topped with sauce and cabbage.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, mix well.