German Oven Pancakes Recipe
Cook Time: 25 minutes|
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- maple syrup
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 450F. (Convection oven at 425F - the pancakes rise even higher on the convection setting).
- Lightly beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir in the milk, melted butter, salt and sugar. Gradually add flour to egg mixture, one spoonful at a time. Ensure the flour is well incorporated in the batter with no lumps, but do not over-mix, as you want to keep the pancake light.
- Lightly spray a 9"-11" oven-safe skillet with cooking spray. Pour batter in the skillet. Bake 12-18 minutes, just until the edges are golden. Check pancakes at the 12 minute mark.
- Top with fruit granola, yogurt, powdered sugar, syrup, toasted almonds or fruit butters. Drizzle with caramel, chocolate syrup, honey or maple syrup.