Chicken Salad Deluxe Recipe
Cook Time: 30 minutes|
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk dressing (prepared)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp half-and-half
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts (skinless and boneless)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 10 oz shell macaroni
- 3 cups celery, diced
- 2 1/2 cups green grapes, cut lengthwise into halves
- 12 oz slivered almonds, reserve 2 tbsp for garnish
- 4 1/2 oz water chestnuts, sliced and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- lettuce leaf (optional)
- parsley (optional)
- star fruit, sliced (optional)
- cantaloupe, sliced (optional)
- Combine salad dressing, mayonnaise,half and half, seasoning, salt and pepper in a small bowl, blend, cover, refrigerate overnight to blend flavors.
- Place chicken, onion slices, carrot and celery in dutch oven, add enough cold water to cover; cover. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low, simmer 7 minutes until chicken is no longer pink.
- Drain chicken, discarding vegetables and liquid, refrigerate chicken until cool, cut chicken into 1/2" pieces.
- Cook pasta shells until al dente, drain, cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Combine chicken, shells, diced celery, grapes, almonds,water chestnuts and chopped onion in a large bowl, pour dressing over, toss gently to coat.
- Serve on lettuce-lined plates, garnish if desired; serve with cantaloupe slices.