BLT Salad with Buttermilk Dressing Recipe
Preparation Time: 25 minutes|
Cook Time: 25 minutes|
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/2 baguette (8 ounces), sliced into 3/4 inch cubes about 4 cups
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 green onion, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 lb romaine hearts, coarsely chopped (or other salad greens)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Arrange bacon in a single layer on 1/2 of a rimmed baking sheet.
- On the other side of the baking sheet, add the bread cubes and toss with the olive oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, tossing the bread cubes halfway through. The bacon should be crisp and the bread cubes are toasted.
- Crumble the bacon into large pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, mayonnaise, vinegar, and green onions. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in lettuce, tomatoes bacon and croutons; toss to coat with dressing. Serve immediately.