Baked Jalapeno Bacon Poppers Recipe
Cook Time: 30 minutes|
- 10 mini sweet peppers or jalapeno peppers
- 3 strips bacon
- 8 oz package cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning (or your seasoning blend of choice)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs (or corn flake crumbs)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Slice each sweet pepper in half lengthwise. Use your spoon to scoop out any seeds and some of the rib to make a nice, clean boat.
- Cook bacon to crisp (you can use a microwave - place bacon between paper towels, microwave 3-4 minutes or until crisp). Mince cooked bacon.
- In a bowl, mix together the bacon, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and Cajun seasoning.
- Spoon cheese mixture into each sweet pepper.
- Melt butter in microwave, stir in the bread crumbs.
- Hold each popper and dip cheese side down into bread crumbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese melty and bread crumbs crusty.