Applewood Bacon & Eggs Breakfast Flatbread Recipe
Cook Time: 50 minutes|
- 6 slices thick-cut applewood bacon
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 8.8 oz naan, 2 pieces
- 6 oz baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup Gruyere cheese, shredded, divided
- 6 eggs
For the Candied Bacon
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange bacon slices in single layer on foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake 15 minutes or until bacon edges begin to curl.
- Remove pan from oven. Carefully drain drippings into glass measuring cup. Set aside.
- Microwave honey and roasted cinnamon in small microwavable bowl on HIGH 30 seconds, stirring after 15 seconds.
- Brush bacon with honey mixture.
- Bake 10 minutes longer or until bacon is browned and crisp.
- Carefully drain any additional drippings into measuring cup. Cool bacon on wire rack. Break into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375°F.
- Cut out 3 holes from each naan using 2-inch cookie cutter. Place naan on baking sheet sprayed with no stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the reserved bacon drippings in large skillet on medium heat.
- Add spinach; cook and stir 2 minutes or until wilted. Remove from heat.
- Add bacon and 1/4 cup of the cheese; mix well.
- Place spinach mixture evenly around holes on naan. Sprinkle spinach with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Place 1 egg in each hole, taking care not to break the yolk.
- Bake 10 minutes or until egg whites are almost set. Remove from oven. Let stand 2 minutes. Cut each naan into 3 pieces to serve.