Lemon Yogurt Pancake Recipe
Cook Time: 25 minutes|
Servings: 10 pancakes
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- zest 1 lemon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup yogurt, whisked
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- In a small bowl rub the lemon zest into the sugar until pale yellow and fragrant.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, buttermilk and melted butter.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir until just combined. The batter will be a bit lumpy, make sure not to overmix.
- Heat a pan or a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add a teaspoon of oil or a dab of butter and heat through.
- Add 2 heaping tablespoons of batter to the pan. Heat until bubbles form and start to pop.
- Carefully flip over and cook through. Place cooked pancakes on an oven proof plate and let rest in a 200 degree oven while you fry the rest of the pancakes.
- Serve hot with honey and butter or pancake syrup or lemon cream sauce.
- Add 1-2 tsp more of lemon juice for more flavour
- If batter is too thick, add more yogurt