Chili Glazed BBQ Ribs Recipe
Cook Time: 2 hours|
- 2 racks pork belly ribs
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 stick rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 150g ketchup
- 100mL soy sauce
- 75g maple syrup
- 3 tsp chipotle chili paste
- 1 heaping tsp garlic paste
- 1 heaping tsp ginger paste
- First boil the ribs.
- Fill a large pan with cold water and add the ribs, onion, rosemary and bay leaves. Bring to the boil and then simmer for around 90 minutes.
- In the meantime preheat the BBQ or if using an oven, heat to 200°C/400°F/gas 6.
- Make the chilli glazed marinade by placing all the marinade ingredients in a pan and cooking for 5 minutes, until warmed through. Taste and adjust the heat, sweeten and salt if you need to.
- Once the ribs are soft and tender, strain off the liquid and place in a large roasting tray.
- Pour over half the marinade and coat the ribs well.
- Cook on the BBQ for 10 minutes, basting with the remaining marinade until the ribs are charred and sticky. If cooking in the oven, roast for 30 minutes, basting as often as you can with the remaining marinade.
- These taste great served with a fresh slaw.