Texas Style Black Bean Chili Recipe
Cook Time: 2 hours 30 minutes|
- 1 lb stew beef, cut into 1" pieces
- 4 cups cooked black beans
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes (1 can)
- 3 oz tomato paste (1/2 can)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- In a large stockpot or dutch oven, brown the stew beef over medium-high heat in 1 tbsp olive oil, until brown on all sides.
- Add the garlic, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cumin, paprika, and basil and continue cooking until fragrant.
- Pour in 2 cups water, stirring the bottom of the pot to incorporate all drippings.
- Bring to a boil and add tomato paste, diced tomatoes, black beans, cayenne, and chopped onion.
- Bring to a simmer and let cook for a minimum of two hours.
- Twenty minutes before serving, add chopped pepper and frozen corn.
- Season with salt and pepper.