Black Soy Bean Dish (Kuromame) Recipe
Cook Time: 20 hours|
- 300g black soy beans (1 package)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 300g sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 700mL water
- Wash beans. Soak them overnight in water with baking soda.
- Next day: drain black soy beans.
- Keep soaking water, and if necessary add more water to get 700mL. Boil water.
- Add sugar and soy sauce, add black beans. Simmer on low heat about 12 hours. Once per hour, stir gently and add water if necessary. If there is foam remove it.
- Once they are ready, store them in jar in fridge.