Thyme Marmalade Chicken Skewers Recipe
Cook Time: 4 hours 30 minutes|
Servings: 40 pieces
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3lb boneless skinless chicken breast or thigh meat, cut lengthwise into 1-inch wide strips
- 36 to 40 6" wooden skewers
- Combine everything except chicken and skewers in a large nonreactive bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add chicken strips and toss to coat. Cover and marinate at least 4 hours.
- When ready to cook, heat oven to 425F and arrange a rack in the middle. Remove chicken from marinade (reserving marinade) and thread 1 piece of chicken on each skewer.
- Heat the reserved marinade in a small saucepan until boiling and boil, about 3 minutes. Cool a bit before using.
- Arrange skewers on a foil-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Bake about 10 minutes, flip skewers and baste with remaining marinade (you don't need to use it all). Bake about 5 more minutes, until golden brown on both sides and cooked through.