Candied Walnut Butter Salad Recipe
Cook Time: 20 minutes|
- nonstick vegetable spray
- 9 tbsp sugar (6+3)
- 3 tbsp orange-tangerine juice
- 2 cups walnut halves
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- oranges, separated into segments
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a large cookie sheet with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- In a 10-inch skillet over medium heat, add 6 tbsp sugar and orange-tangerine juice. Bring to a simmer, and then add walnuts. Cook until sugar is absorbed and mixture starts to caramelize around walnuts, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and remaining 3 tbsp sugar. Toss walnuts in cinnamon-sugar.
- Place walnuts in single layer on prepared cookie sheet. Bake until walnuts appear crystallized and toasted, about 8 minutes. Set aside.
- Place 4 to 6 dry lettuce leaves on each plate. Randomly place orange segments, onion slices, and walnuts on top of each lettuce bed. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of dressing on top of each salad and serve.