Sesame Chicken Recipe
Cook Time: 1 hour|
- 3 whole boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cooking wine or dry sherry
- 3 drops sesame oil
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/8-1/4 cup white vinegar or rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste (or more)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 1/2 cups peanut oil
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Mix the marinade ingredients: soy sauce, cooking wine, sesame oil, flour, corn starch, water, baking powder, baking soda, vegetable oil.
- Marinate the chicken for 20-39 minutes minutes.
- Prepare the sauce: water, chicken broth, vinegar, corn starch, sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, chili paste, garlic.
- Pour sauce into a small pot and bring to a boil, stirring continuously. Turn the heat down to low and keep warm.
- Deep-fry the chicken by adding the marinated chicken pieces a few at a time, and leaving until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and then place chicken in warm oven (130C) while you continue frying. Repeat with the remainder of the chicken.
- Just before you are finished deep-frying, bring the sauce back up to a boil.
- Place the chicken on a large platter and pour the sauce over. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve with rice.