Shredded Chicken Chimichangas Recipe
Cook Time: 30 minutes|
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 1 garlic cube (thawed)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced and sauteed in olive oil
- mexican cheese, shredded
- In a skillet, saute the onion in a small amount of oil, until translucent. Set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment. Spray with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Take 1 tortilla and sprinkle with cheese. Then place a couple spoonfuls of chicken and onion to taste. Roll like a burrito, tucking in the sides. Place flap side down, on a baking sheet.
- Repeat for all 4 tortillas.
- Lightly coat the tops of the chimichangas with extra virgin olive oil for browning.
- Bake in oven at 400 degree for 10 mins, then flip and bake another 10 minutes.
- Serve with guacamole, salsa, tomatoes, and/or sour cream, as desired.